Monday, October 5, 2009

The Project Part 2

Ok, finished. Here is how it went down. Firstly, I made the two layers, with Bob Ross as the background. Then I resized the painting til it looked about the right size.

Then I moved the painting over to the one in the background, and skewed it so it fit the back one and covered the old one up completely.

That's when it started to get tricky. I decided to make the painting layer semi-transparent, so I could see Bob Ross behind it. Then I started lasso around Bob and deleting anything from the new painting that covered him. It was hard, and took a lot of undo-ing before I thought it looked right. There were some spots that I erased that I shouldn't have, so I had to paint over them with colors that matched the background.

And that was it. Here is the finished project. Thank you for reading.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Project Part 1

This is the first part of the media project for class. I have just finished downloading/installing the Photoshop free trial.

And now I am deciding on an idea. What I want to do is take a picture of Bob Ross, and remove whatever he is painting and add a crappy picture. I found this picture of Bob Ross on Google...

And I found this one on Google too after looking for kid's drawings.

I am going to try and put that picture on the canvas. Next post will be about that attempt.