Monday, November 16, 2009

Let's Think About Collaborative Projects

Here I am, thinking about the final collaborative project. I am partnered with Kelly, who I just met last week and who seems really nice and awesome. So anyway, what do I want to accomplish or get across in this project? I don't know.

Hmm... ok. So my first idea was something related to vegetarianism. I am not a vegetarian, but I thought it might be interesting to talk with some people who are big time meat eaters/hunters and other people who don't eat meat. Interview them and try to find out why they eat the way they do. This is kinda like 30 Days, in that we would see both sides of a subject. And it would be easy to maintain a neutral stance on this (hopefully). Then I realized how boring this would be. We'd really need something to spice this up or else it would just be people talking about a topic that only I would find interesting. So I need to think this over some more. Except now all I can think about is this Deadpool comic:


I want to create something that other people would actually want to watch. I watched 30 Days when it was on FX because I thought it was done it an interesting way and was informative and entertaining. And that is important: be entertaining. I could create an informative piece fairly easily, but it would be a chore for people to sit through it. Maybe have a discussion between a vegetarian and a non-vegetarian? But then I think I would just be creating conflict for the sake of creating conflict, and that seems lazy.

Ok, so second idea. College kids clothing? I see a lot of "diverse" styles around campus. I tend to dress down, and it is a conscious decision. For instance, today I wore a t-shirt with Chunk from the Goonies doing the Truffle Shuffle. A lot of my clothes have nerdy references or crap that I bought at Goodwill for $3. I think it could be fun to look at different people's clothes, but it would seem harder to maintain neutrality. Now to break up this wall of text, here is a tattoo of Chunk and Sloth.



Well, I have outlined kinda what I hope to accomplish with the project. I've got the big picture, but I still don't have a real set topic. I think that was the point of this exercise though, so I guess I'm cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment